Time Operations Window in Pro Tools
This blog is part of our new series of tutorials based on Avid’s flagship Digital Audio Workstation, Pro Tools.
Want to learn how to use Avid Pro Tools in real time, with a professional digital audio trainer? It’s faster than blogs, videos, or tutorials. Call OBEDIA for one on one training for Avid Pro Tools and all digital audio hardware and software. Mention this blog to get 15 bonus minutes with your signup! Call 615-933-6775 and dial 1, or visit our website to get started.
Need a Pro Audio laptop or Desktop PC to run Avid Pro Tools software and all of its features at its best?
Overview of the Time Operations Window in Pro Tools
Pro Tools has a dedicated Window that lets you control several Time-related functions that will help you during your sessions.
This window is called “Time Operations”.
Some of the functions it lets you do are:
- Change Meter
- Insert Time
- Cut Time
- Move Song Start
Let’s see how it works!
1. Open or create a new Pro Tools session:
2. Access the Time Operations window by clicking on the top menu bar: Event -> Time Operations -> Time Operations Window:
The Time Operations Window will appear as:
The Time Operations window lets us switch between the four available operations by clicking on the top drop down list as:
There are four different operations available which are:
- Change Meter: This option lets you change the meter from the default 4/4 to any custom meter you wish.
- Insert Time: This option lets you insert black time anywhere within the timeline.
- Cut Time: This option lets you remove a section of the song on every single track at the same time in order to “shrink” the production.
- Move Song Start: This option lets you change the position of the song start to match any location within the timeline.
And that is it!
At this point, we have successfully explained an overview of the Time Operations Window in Pro Tools.
Using Avid Pro Tools software to produce music would be ideal with one of our professionally designed PCAudioLabs Systems due our high-performance specifications in order to work with any of the Digital Audio Workstations supported. If you would like to order one of our PCAudioLabs computers, please call us at 615-933-6775 or click this link for our website.