This tutorial shows How to Setup Warping in Ableton Live.
Need a Pro Audio laptop to run Ableton Live software and all of its features at its best? Check out the MC Mobile line of Pro Audio Laptops from PCAudioLabs.
This is part 1 in a 9-part series.
“Warping” is one of the most important functions included in Ableton Live that lets the user time-stretch audio clips. There are several parameters and modes that can be selected in order to time-stretch an audio clip for a specific aesthetic purpose.
On this tutorial we will explain the user how to setup the preferences window of Live in order to warp audio clips more efficiently.
- Open or create a new Live Set with at least one audio track included:
2. Open the preferences window by typing (COMMAND)-(COMMA) on OSX or (CTRL)-(COMMA) on Windows:
3. Click on the RECORD/WARP/LAUNCH tab:
The functions for RECORD/WARP/LAUNCH will now be shown as:
4. Locate the Warp/Fades area of the window:
5. Make sure the options are set as:
- Loop/Warp Short Samples: Auto
- Auto-Warp Long Samples: OFF
- Default Warp Mode: Beats
- Create Fades on Clip Edges: ON
6. After these options have been set, the window should look like this:
At this point we have successfully explained How to Setup Warping in Ableton Live. The tutorial has now finished.
Using Ableton Live 10 software to produce music would be ideal with one of our professionally designed PCAudioLabs Systems due our high-performance specifications in order to work with any of the Digital Audio Workstations supported. If you would like to order one of our PCAudioLabs computers, please call us at 615-933-6775 or click this link for our website.